British Texting While Driving PSA Video | The Dangers Of Using Cellphone In Your Car

Action Videos

Anyone who uses their cellphone while driving is quite frankly an idiot. There is no conversation or message that cannot wait until you pull over or cannot be handled by a passenger.

Should you choose to ignore this common sense advice and use your mobile phone to text someone while driving, the consequences can be huge and tragic. As this video shows in quite gory detail.

This is a British PSA (Public Service Announcement) designed to show the true horror of a car crash caused by the simple act of texting. A group of teenage girls with no cares in the world suddenly have their lives turned upside down. As do the people in the other cars involved in the pile-up.

If anyone still thinks that texting while driving is a good idea after watching this video then they need their heads examining. It’s a dangerous and wholly unnecessary activity should be outlawed everywhere before more people die.

1. Ben

August 26, 2009 at 2:41 pm

MediaCurves.com just conducted a study with 300 viewers of a Public Service Announcement (PSA) from the U.K. illustrating the dangers of texting and driving. Results showed that majority of viewers (80%) reported that they are less likely to text while driving after watching the PSA. The study also found that 85% of American viewers reported that the PSA should be aired in the U.S. The majority of viewers (87%) believe that the PSA is appropriate in nature, and 86% also indicated that the PSA was extremely effective. More in-depth results can be viewed at http://www.mediacurves.com/NationalMediaFocus/J7508-PSA/Index.cfm
    Thanks,
    Ben

2. Aussie Joe

September 3, 2009 at 10:07 am

On a busy road of course it makes sense not to text. But that doesn’t mean it’s not safe to text and drive.
    The driver has to be responsible (smart) enough to know if conditions are permitting enough to have an additional distraction such as cell phone texting.
    If you want to outlaw texting and driving, you might as well ban music/gps/bluetooth and require other passengers not to talk while driving.
    Besides, the real problem is the inexperience of teenage drivers.

3. Deb

September 6, 2009 at 8:45 pm

I am A EMT and Firefighter. This is real, it happens everyday here in the USA. I myself have been one of those medical personnel responding to an accident scene of a result of texting and looking at pictures on camera phones. The out come was not a good one. The Driver of the person texting had crossed the center line and struck another car killing one person and injuring 3 others including herslef. We ended up air-lifting 2 and transported 2 others by ambulances, all that were transported were critical. We need tougher laws on this subject. Innocent lives are being lost due to cell phones and texting while driving. Yes, I believe this video needs to be shown to Everyone in the USA. The video was well done.

4. Not an Idiot

November 2, 2009 at 6:33 pm

“Anyone who uses their cellphone while driving is quite frankly an idiot.”
    I disagree. I sometimes use my cell phone while I’m driving. I am completely aware of my driving, it is hardly affected, and I have never had one incident (tickets or accidents) in the many, many miles I have driven.
    The reason why I disagree with your statement, and a lot of the b.s. you and other propagate, is that people are different, and that some are better at some things than others.
    Let’s be honest, here. Nearly every human on this planet is a f*cking idiot. I’m sure you’re one of them. However, I am not one, and my well above average driving ability does not suffer, do to my ability to multitask.
    So please refer this ridiculous PSA to the morons that you know in your life–I don’t need it.

5. person

February 17, 2010 at 9:24 am

new tecnolagy has brout the art if you will of texting to teens and yong adults. they love to text soooooo much that they are willing to put there life and other people’s life on the line every time they text whilen driving. many people have already died from this habit and i am wondering when this is going to get through the heads of the goveners that this is a sireous matter and they need to ban it.

sinserly- person

6. Justan

January 14, 2011 at 12:40 am

I completely understand what the PSA is trying to do, and they have the perfect way to do it. This video just proves to you that texting while driving is completely idiotic and you would have to be a total wanker to continue to do it after seeing this video.