Genius Kid Painter Hoax Video Revealed! | Amazing Toddler Artist Finger-Painting

Art Videos & TV

This kid isn’t much older than three years old and he already paints like Picasso. Though, I’m sure, the thought of age wasn’t on his mind when he painted the detailed works of art his father shows us. Oh yeah, did I mention he does it with his fingers?

His past paintings include a space shuttle, a pumpkin, and a yellow dog. All of which contain proper shading and lightning. His latest work (shown in the above video) is a portrait of a Ninja Turtle and even better than his previous paintings.

But wait… there’s something fishy about this clip.

After playing it a second time, I noticed that the video was not filmed in a continuous shot. Sure, there are other sped-up videos online that show people painting, but those are all done in one shot. Also, there isn’t a single scene of the toddler that shows him articulating his finger or arm positions; something all artists need to do, “genius” or not.

At one point he even mixes colors, yet somehow manages to continue painting with a pure shade of blue. One last giveaway was the fridge at the end. Any real parent would have that thing plastered with those paintings.

If you’re still convinced this kid is a genius, then don’t take my word for it. Visit the site displayed at the end of the movie.

Sure enough, it’s a site brought to you by the Playmates toy company telling you where to buy Ninja Turtle toys. Those tricky bastards.

And here we have an unofficial video response to the ‘Turtle Kid’ video. It’s a spoof titled “3 Yr Old Genius Plant”.

1. Pingback: The Art of the Prank » Blog Archive » Toddler Artist Hoax

2. luxuqmz

November 16, 2007 at 9:57 pm

if you notice, at the end when the kid holds up the painting, the paper is glossy.

3. Pingback: Cool Ostrich Egg Science Experiment Video | How To Blow Up A Microwave…Or Not » Web TV & Video

4. jessy naidu

October 6, 2008 at 6:12 am

waw what a wonderful child!! his parents are really blessind and am very happy to see this video.may god bless you with great health and wealth. ..my darling child.

5. raye

November 21, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I don’t know. There are some amazing artists that started when they were young. (Heard of Akiane?)
    But, it’s kinda unrealistic that the three-year-old has the same imagry in mind that adults have. Three-year-olds do not see the mask of a ninja turtle flying in the wind, and they don’t see reflections, or shadings.
    And, the paper is glossy at the end.
    The People talking in the background seem a little bit of bad actors. “Wow, that is good.” Like, if my 3-year-old brother painted that, I would say “Holy Crap! Did you do that?”
    And, if it was real, they would be on Oprah by now.

But, we don’t know.

6. Mike

March 22, 2013 at 3:06 am

Hilarious video response lol

7. JustaMother

March 28, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I watched the video a few times. There are plenty of shots where you see his arm attached to his body, and he’s still painting. You see the way his little fingers go into the paint. You’d be surprised how much children DO see. Raye says that the father’s response is subdued (bad acting), but if you understand that this is not the child’s first painting, therefore the parent is no longer as astounded as he’d be if it was a first time event. The fact that the fridge in the background doesn’t have picture on… well, look at the size of that painting! They have a separate board on which they DO display some of his previous paintings. If you can’t believe this child could do it, have you seen Akiane Kramarik’s work at 4 yrs old?

8. Deborah

June 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I agree. If you look closely at 1:26 he paints over where the white mouth of the turtle is but it’s magically there at the end. Also, those types of paint will cause waves in the paper, no matter how thick. The one at the end has NO waves in it like it came straight off a printer.

9. Paul E. Tooley Sr

June 14, 2013 at 9:40 am

I was glad to see the reason for the child’s ability to dab paint.

Okay, it is a bit disingenuous to boast about the child’s talent, when it is not really true.

I hope he can do one that isn’t a hoax. He’s a cutie child, and it is too bad that his innocence is used for advertising. It actually can become a negative in due course.

10. pumpkinqueen

June 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I’ve seen other sites that clearly show that it is a hand on a stick by a freeze frame. it’s easy to see when you notice that the hand in the sped up scenes up close is always in the same position.

11. Pingback: Turtle Kid Painter | guide - creative painters

12. deposited

March 5, 2018 at 4:34 am

Tߋday, while I was at ԝork, my sisteг stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can surѵive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be ɑ youtսbe
    sensation. My appⅼе ipаԀ is now destroyed and she has
    83 views. I ҝnow this is totally off tοpic but I had tο share it with someone!

13. van cleef diamond replique bracelet

April 25, 2018 at 3:20 am

Thank you Pastor Dikko for the beautiful and encouraging comment and wonderful blessing. Your comment is very much appreciated and cherished by me. Thank you for your blessings, it means so much to me! Praise the Lord! Many blessings to you too! Thank you!
    van cleef diamond replique bracelet http://www.topbijoux.cn/

14. Pingback: newtube sirius62 abdu23na8961 abdu23na76