Watch Old TV Shows & Classic Clips Online with TVLand.com | Well, Maybe!

Classic TV

Watch Old TV Shows & Classic Clips Online with TVLand.com | Well, Maybe!

TV Land LogoVisit TV Land! No, it’s not some mythical place where old television stars go to spend their retirement. Instead this TV Land is a website dedicated to old and classic TV shows of yesteryear and beyond.

Upon visiting the site, I straight away liked the design with its retro styling and easily accessible channel guide. The problem was, I soon discovered that was about the only thing accessible to me.

I clicked on the ‘Classic Shows’ tab to be presented with a list of classics and originals. The classics featured programmes such as The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy and MASH. All good so far, so I clicked on Star Trek, one of my favourite TV shows ever.

The show has its own separate page with a nice retro space design. As well as various clips from the show, there are also interactive games, and message boards. Very nice.

But, and it’s a big but, when I tried to click on any of the streaming video clips, I was unfortunately told in a pop up window that “THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.” And yes, it was all in caps.

So I’m in the UK, and that means I’m not allowed to view anything on this web television station. I’m not a leper you know, just a British guy with a love for all things television, and retro in particular!

So, a nice site design, and I’m sure some of the featured videos are great. Unfortunately if you’re a Johnny Foreigner like me, there’s no way of watching anything on the site. If you have any more luck than I did, let me know by commenting.

[TVLand.com]

1. Joanne

August 26, 2007 at 9:25 am

I really trying my best to get the Bugaloos back on tv, but no one will listen to me.
    Those were the best kids and they sure knew how to make the show fun, and smart, for the kids that was learning about life.
    I don’t know if you can help me on finding some one, on putting the Bugaloos back on tv.
    Could you please help me, I know a lot of kids, that would love to see the Bugaloos back on tv.

2. Jenna L. Keyes

August 29, 2007 at 2:34 pm

I love watching TV Land. I wish that they would get Trapper John M.D on. It started back in the 80’s . I love to see it on TV Land for a change, like in the afternoon instead of seeing another episode of Leave It To Beaver or another episode of I love lucy. It’s on for only an hour.

3. Jenna L. Keyes

August 29, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Would you please get Trapper John M.D on for me ? I love the show. It’s educational to watch.

4. bobby

October 26, 2007 at 4:56 pm

have you people lost your mind why in the world would you people take off little house on the parairie you keep the shows on that isnt worth watching you havegun smoke on three hours a day take one of them off and put little house back on for 1 hour a day please thanks bobby

5. Dena

October 31, 2007 at 2:23 am

I hear you~
    I have been trying for hours to find clasic TV shows to only end up back at the big letters saying ” CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR COUNRTY” I’m in Canada for peet sakes. We have all the channels they have in the USA. We share many of the same stations on regular cable let alone satelite. This is suppose to be the world wide web not just for one countries use. Yeesh lighten up and quite with the paranoid delusions of grandure!

6. Steve Bunn

November 18, 2007 at 1:12 am

I love your station, but please keep it classic Tv. There are so many great old tv shows you could add to you schedule , instead of the new ones yov’ve added . Designing Women is not classic! I bought this station to see Andy Griffith , Mash ect. I would like to see shows like , Bet your life , The Honymooners , Truth or consequences, something young people haven’t seen , and older people haven’t seen in a long time!Thanks

7. VisiGoth

December 21, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Funny, I get the same message from ITV.com when I try to view any of the clips on there.
    I can’t access any clips on the BBC site either.

I’m from Ireland now living in the U.S.

I believe that it’s a licensing issue that prevents the U.K. content beiing made available here.

8. alice

August 10, 2008 at 10:06 pm

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I hope you can help me out.I grew up watching bewitch,I dream of jeanie,I love lucy, batman and robin, brady bunch, partridge fam. the monkeys, gidget, flying nun and that girl. there are much more but, i noticed since i have had cable, that you show alot of bonanza, andy griffin,nash bridges, matlock and hogans heroes show after show like 3-4 and sometimes more of the same show after an other. why not put some other shows instead of the same. or if that is the case. put bewitch, i dream of jeanie brady’s, partridge and other sitcoms you show bewitch and jeanie for a while and then take it off i have several friends who also would like to see these shows again. even if it is at night, because some of us do work. please show some of these shows that is what keeps your viewers happy. that way everyone sees some of there shows and every one is happy not just 1/2 the viewers. love you thank-you. i hope you are listnening to our minds. i will be waiting.i have a 21 and 24 yr. old sons and i had them grow up watching also and they also like it. you wont believe how many young kids also like these old shows.

9. Wandy

September 19, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Isn’t the Odd Couple a classic TV show?? Why is that never on TVland. Also, The Honeymooners will be great!!! Those were the two funniest shows ever. Please, please, please put them on TVLand.

10. kevin kittredge

May 3, 2009 at 8:59 am

WAKEUP TV LAND is for people like me just put on all old shows from 50s 60s 70s bring back old cartoons and shows from my time no new stuff

11. gary workley

October 25, 2009 at 6:39 pm

i would like to see mchales navy

12. annieo.

March 7, 2010 at 8:44 am

show western’s on the weekend and at niight but not the
    same picture after seeing it the day before The stuff that’s
    being shown on early morning should to shown very late
    at night, what a waste of tv time.

Before paying out more money for costly package of tv
    shows and movies I will shut down cable period.

13. violet

May 21, 2010 at 2:58 pm

T.V. LAND officially SUCKS NOW! Everything they started about is gone. You can watch the shows they are now broadcasting on a dozen other channels if you like those programs?