“JAKE Clift started feeling unwell on Boxing Day. He thought he had a bad bout of gastro or food poisoning from something he had eaten.
“The Perth father-of-two, 28, began throwing up so badly that he passed out twice and became confused and disoriented.
“He had a fit.
“By the time his family called an ambulance, his lips had turned blue and on the five-minute journey to the hospital he started to develop a purple rash on his body.
“His organs began to fail and as soon as he arrived at hospital he was put on life support.
“What he was battling wasn’t the flu or gastro — he had meningococcal meningitis and septicaemia.”
Read more at News.com.au