A fitness blogger by the name of Rebecca Burger has died after being struck in the chest by an exploding whipped cream cannister.
This sounds like a story made up by The Onion, but is, unfortunately, entirely true. And very odd. And quite unsettling to boot.
It’s important to note that this wasn’t a regular can of aerosol like you’d buy at your local grocery store. They are perfectly unless punctured or placed near to an open flame.
What killed Rebecca Burger was a gas cannister used to propel gourmet whipped cream out of a can. The capsules can, in exceptional circumstances, fly out like a bullet.