Over the past year or so viral video, created by the likes of you and me, has really taken off and flooded the internet with viewers hungrily browsing though sites like YouTube for the next bizarre and interesting video.
The TV networks have taken notice of this and created their own viral video TV shows bringing user generated internet video to the TV set, some of these shows can also be viewed online (and so they should be!).
Here are 6 Viral Video shows that I know about:
- WebJunk20 – Shown on VH1 this series spotlights the best hand picked viral video from around the net. While the last series has finiashed on VH1 the website is still active and a new series should be in the works.
- Acceptable.TV – This is a new viral video series hosted by Jack Black which recently debuted on VH1, obviously inspired by the success of WebJunk20. The show features a mixture of user submitted video and video produced by Acceptable.TV. Viewers get to vote on the internet site for the videos which are shown each week. Check out the promo video here.
- Outrageous and Contagious Viral Videos – This show, aired on Bravo, features the internet’s most popular video clips bringing viewers in touch with the hilarious, the politically controversial and the bizarre talents from around the net. You can watch episode 4 of the show online here.
- ME:TV – Broadcast on Nickelodeon, Me:TV showcases videos sent in to the TurboNick website created by viewers. Anything from your own music videos to and your own video mash-ups can get on the show.
- Sumo.TV – Shown on Sky in the UK and available online, Sumo.tv showcases viral videos from around the net as chosen by viewers on its website.
- Viewsers – A show in the works from The CW Television Network. It will be a reality pilot that will show the best user generated videos from around the net.