Megavideo, a new online video sharing site from the brains behind Megaupload claims that it’s a YouTube beater in the making. In a video on its homepage, the firm lists ten reasons why it is better than the current market leader:
- Video publishers can earn money through a rewards program.
- Publishers can also earn money through AdBrite in-video advertisements.
- Users can move the playback position to anywhere in the video.
- The website supports twenty languages.
- The video player can be customised to match the designs of websites where you want to embed.
- There is no maximum playtime for video uploads.
- Video conversion takes no longer than 30 minutes.
- Videos can be uploaded in batch.
- Original video files can be downloaded.
- “Megavideo loves you more than YouTube.”
Only seven of the reasons are truly valid, since YouTubers can skip to any point in a stream, can now customise videos to suit their websites, and the last point, well … is just a bit desperate.
The site is set out very much like YouTube, making it easy to navigate, but we wonder whether Megavideo is jumping on the video sharing bandwagon a bit too late.