Megavideo.com Video Sharing Site Launches | Claims to Best YouTube

Internet TV Tips

Megavideo.com Video Sharing Site Launches | Claims to Best YouTube

megavideo-logo

Megavideo, a new online video sharing site from the brains behind Megaupload claims that it’s a YouTube beater in the making. In a video on its homepage, the firm lists ten reasons why it is better than the current market leader:

1. Video publishers can earn money through a rewards program.
  2. Publishers can also earn money through AdBrite in-video advertisements.
  3. Users can move the playback position to anywhere in the video.
  4. The website supports twenty languages.
  5. The video player can be customised to match the designs of websites where you want to embed.
  6. There is no maximum playtime for video uploads.
  7. Video conversion takes no longer than 30 minutes.
  8. Videos can be uploaded in batch.
  9. Original video files can be downloaded.
  10. “Megavideo loves you more than YouTube.”

Only seven of the reasons are truly valid, since YouTubers can skip to any point in a stream, can now customise videos to suit their websites, and the last point, well … is just a bit desperate.

The site is set out very much like YouTube, making it easy to navigate, but we wonder whether Megavideo is jumping on the video sharing bandwagon a bit too late.

[Visit Megavideo]

1. XSlayer

September 1, 2007 at 11:12 pm

They did get in a little late it will be hard to beat youtube now that they are so big.

2. PleasantlyBlue

September 27, 2007 at 12:36 pm

YouTube is great, but there are many things that I like about MegaVideo as well. MegaVideo would be better off continuing to furnish TVLinks videos. It’s bad advertising for almost ALL of MegaVideos Movies at TVLinks to be unavailable. That is where I heard of this site and where my friends and I all learned about

But- if I have to choose for Television, Movie, Anime or Documentary it wouldn’t be either YouTube or MegaVideo. TVLinks is straight forward and runs off of donations so they don’t have to cram as much junk on one screen as humanly possible.

3. John Buick

April 15, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Megavideo and youtube both sucks when it comes to quality streming content. Neither one compares to Divx.

4. madhavi

June 24, 2008 at 1:06 pm

i cant view megavideos movies in full screen……what might be the problem…..pl help

5. Brandon

September 1, 2008 at 4:35 am

I think both youtube and megavideo are just great. They both have some different features and so both needs to be praised. A valuable feature for these video sites would be full screen. Youtube now does it, but only on youtube.com, not when it’s embedded. I have used both these video sharing sites to upload and host a lot of our Forex videos.

6. Eleen carter

September 8, 2008 at 5:28 am

You can download free from YouTube using third-party websites, so it goes down to 7, and I think many of the other reasons are fillers too. I mostly use YouTube to watch 5-10 minute shows and vlogs, not illegal films. And you can upload more than 30 minutes to YouTube as well, so it goes down to 6. I’m going with the community on YouTube. I have used both of these services on my website and both worked wonders fore me. here it is http://www.forexfreedownload.com

7. Pingback: generic sildenafil for sale