Old Barbies Become Art | Dolls Recycled Into Masterpieces

Art Videos & TV

Old Barbies Become Art | Dolls Recycled Into Masterpieces

No matter what side of the fence you sit on when it comes to the great Barbie debate (is she merely a childhood doll or is she the unattainable female protégé); nearly every person of every age can appreciate this new approach to Barbie as a form of art.

Barbie made a new debut at a recent Altered Barbie recycled art show that took place in San Francisco.

Through the incorporation of Barbie into a recycled art object, the unique show celebrated the diversity of viewpoints surrounding the controversial doll, including personal image awareness and stereotypical gender rolls in society.

The Altered Barbie show featured over 75 artists and their work, which ranged from a Barbie replication of The Last Supper, to a floor-to-ceiling George Washington Barbie picture from the Goatee Nation Project.

More glimpses from the show are going to be posted weekly at on www.pnn.com.

1. cheap non owners insurance in Toledo OH

May 18, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Ik wil ook een keer zeepjes maken, nog nooit gedaan! Maar.. De gootsteenontstopper zit ook daadwerkelijk in de zeep? Ieh, dat lijkt me wel een beetje gek (of ben ik nu raar?).Iris onlangs geplaatst..

2. auto acceptance insurance Lenexa KS

May 18, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Así el que más me gusta a primera vista es el que lleva la modelo, aunque tendría que verlo de cerca. El año pasado me compré el de las bolitas que sacaba Paula Eche y está hecho una baba para dos veces que me lo he puesto … :(

3. cheap auto insurance Clearwater FL

May 18, 2018 at 5:24 pm

that vest is just fantastic. oooh and the skirt too!I do a lot of outfit planning in the shower too :) or before I get myself out of bed. I tell myself I'm not dozing, I'm being productive by planning my outfit for the day!

4. auto insurance Parsippany NJ

May 18, 2018 at 10:39 pm

sep14Salvarezh Hasta cuando se siguen haciendo las cosas con tan poca seriedad ? Toda propuesta se debe consultar a las bases, se debe votar de verdad y discutir en asamblea. Que clase de sindicato es este? Despabilense dirigentes y hagan las cosas en serio por una vez. Soliciten mas tiempo para responder y realicen una asamblea de verdad no con votos truchos o tienen miedo que en esa asamblea los socios les den un PLR?

5. car insurance quotes Wayne MI

May 18, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess IÓ¬l add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it friend

6. low income auto insurance Brentwood TN

May 19, 2018 at 5:44 am

PC, that’s exactly how they started in San Fran; the notion of a few bits then turns into exhibitionists—and we are only talking men here—hanging around parks, and then the paedophiles move in. San Fran pushes the boundaries on everything, and eventually even liberals wake up.

7. no down payment auto insurance in LA

May 19, 2018 at 5:58 am

love this! i went vegan about a year and a bit ago and have never felt so healthy. lately i haven't been as strict-but it is SO easy (AND HEALTHY) to eliminate those things from your diet and the substitutions are easy, obtainable and affordable (for most of us). i think now more than ever we need to educate ourselves and each other about what we are putting in our bodies, and how severe those impacts actually are. i love talking about this kind of thing so i am excited to see what you bring to the table. yay! xokfrou-frou-foxes.blogspot.ca

8. free car insurance quotes Boyertown PA

May 19, 2018 at 7:20 am

I just want to mention I am just new to blogging and site-building and honestly loved your page. More than likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You actually come with incredible stories. With thanks for sharing your website page.

9. auto owners insurance Wilson NC

May 19, 2018 at 8:44 am

OMG Angie, these are so fantastic — actually, quite grotesque but I think the kids would love them. I just found out my girlfriend is throwing a Halloween party for her kid, I just might have to make these creepy cookies!

10. Hey! The art of fruit carving like this watermelon is actually an ancient tradition from Thailand, where food prepared for royalty was also beautifully presented. I’ve read there are carving competitions, which I’d love to see.

11. cheapest car insurance Longwood FL

May 19, 2018 at 9:58 am

S.Martel dit :C’est donc simplement une question de sauver le salaire et le déplacement d’un ou deux comédiens… C’est encore pire que je croyais.[]

12. cheapest car insurance Waldorf MD

May 19, 2018 at 10:41 am

Hi, perhaps you could help me? I found u are using Blog Engine in your website. I lately decided to launch a weblog for myself and i am currently making use of the wordpress blog. I read about blog engine and i was wondering if you can tell me exactly where i could get the very great instruction or movies on how to make use of it correctly? Thanks for that assistance.

13. Whats the deal with JA803A Ln7? It's marked as delivered, but there are pics of it yesterday still being serviced at Everett by Boeing techs. What are the hold ups, and when is it going on a delivery flight? I have a special interest in this plane because it's the first production model off the line and it sat around for over three years before finally taking to the air.

14. beingshail / Dear admin will you please upload propore & effective steps/softwares to unlock my iphone 4s.please please please i will be grateful to you if you kindly do the needfull thank

15. dit :Excellent !Quant au maillot de bain canobio, je suis fan. J’avais déjà aperçu la collection de loin à la télé, mais là, je craque…Merci pour ce joli billet d’Eté,Nathalie

16. cheapest auto insurance Chatsworth CA

May 19, 2018 at 3:31 pm

x64 is what everyone uses… please make this program useful for everyone.2 of the computers i bought recently both were 64bit dual core… both laptop and desktop… 32 bit is obselete.

17. Great post. I searched but could not find pictures of Immediate Dentures before finding your blog. I will call to make an appointment, my teeth are REALLY bad.

18. car insurance rates Casper WY

May 20, 2018 at 1:57 am

Kine – hvor er det bildet fra? I need it ;) haha :) Vil ha det et sted… vet ikke hvor men jeg vil ;) Men husker ikke nÃ¥r hvor hva hvem som tok det osv :P Hihi :)Roze.

19. car insurance in Boerne TX

May 20, 2018 at 6:04 am

Contact Featured: argan oil    | Prevent Hair Loss With Argan Oil – Is It Possible? Argan Oil For Acne Scars – Smooths Your Face Skin The Natural Way How Argan Oil Making Helps People’s Liberation Argan Oil Care Uses pt.3: Argan Oil for Face – A Step by Step Process Argan Oil – The Magic Moroccan Beauty Formula

20. cheapest car insurance in Hickory NC

May 20, 2018 at 6:49 am

Terese Rhodin, vad annars? – FrÃ¥gade min kära allvetande make om det en gÃ¥ng. Inte för att nÃ¥got frÃ¥n mina nedre regioner nÃ¥gonsin har luktat skaldjur utan för att jag..hade läst det.. Typ.Han visste varför. Jag minns inte varför. Fan.

21. Chuck in your capability to relax and forget your daily grind and you can be certain to have an incredible holiday. The great part about a Florida beach holiday is you can travel there again and again and experience the same sorts of things every time because that is what you like, or take on a new journey by going to different beaches and trying new things.

22. e tipic romanesc,dar u te uiti la muncitorii aia cred ca nu aveau adunat 2 clase.austriecii faceau asta de o viata plus ca au eficienta in sange. au cel putin 100 de ani in fata noastra.clar

23. us agency car insurance Shippensburg PA

May 20, 2018 at 10:11 am

I swear I’ve used a tanker truck of bleach, and nearly as much hand sanitizer, but so far, Hubby and I are still ok, knock on wood. And the boys finally all seem to be over it. No more symptoms in the past 24 hours! The 3 yo was horrified he’d messed his pants, then to have to wear a pull-up, so he’s very relieved. The 10mo got it first, and his diaper rash from it is healed up finally and the 2yo is back on track with potty training.Thanks so much for the cookies and confetti!Kenra Daniels recently posted..

24. Though I still can't get the whole image, Ulleungdo and Liancourt Rocks are apparently copied from Royal Navy chart in 1876. The description of islands names, depth of water and others are identical.

25. Peter Cagnassola, broker and owner of Bedminster Hills Realty. “With the interstates, we’re still tied to the New York City marketplace.”This is a positive? WS is in a depression.

26. in order to relate, you must emote in a problem-like state in order to keep the friendship. The friend feels needed and perhaps on some level encourages the bad feeling and that leads to feeling better about the friendship but worse and more depressed about your problems. However, since friendship is important to girls, it may be more important to keep the friendship than be less depressed about their problems.

27. low income car insurance Bellevue NE

May 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm

with a quick chopped salad or simply Greek salad for an easy weeknight meal. Cheap and delicious House Vinaigrette makes an easy dressing. Perfectly low carb and

28. car insurance KY

May 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm

బజ్à°œు à°²ో à°¸ౌà°•à°°్à°¯ం à°Žà°²ాంà°Ÿిà°¦ంà°Ÿే…à°ªొà°¦్à°¦ుà°¨ à°•ాà°®ెంà°Ÿ్à°¸్ à°•ి జవాà°¬ుà°²ు à°°ాà°¸్à°¤ుంà°¡à°—ా à°•à°°ెంà°Ÿ్ à°ªోà°¯ి, à°®ొà°¤్à°¤ం à°ªూà°°్à°¤ి à°šేయలేà°•à°ªోà°¯ాà°¨ు. ఇహ à°¸ాà°¯ంà°¤్à°°ం వరకూ à°•ుదరలేà°¦ు. à°ˆ à°²ోà°ªు లలిà°¤ à°—ాà°°ు బజ్à°œుà°²ో నన్à°¨ు à°¨ిలదీà°¸ేà°¶ాà°°ు:-)à°…ంà°¦ుà°•ే లలిà°¤ à°—ాà°°ిà°•ి à°ª్à°°à°¤్à°¯ేà°•ంà°—ా జవాà°¬ు. à°•à°°ెంà°Ÿ్ à°ªోà°¯ింà°¦ంà°¡ీ లలిà°¤ా! à°²ేà°•à°ªోà°¤ే à°®ీ à°µ్à°¯ాà°–్యకు జవాà°¬ు à°°ాయనూ? à°®ీà°•ు à°¬ాà°—ాà°¨ే à°…à°°్థమైందన్నమాà°Ÿ!

29. EmileI have 8 Holiday Club life point for sale for R8000.I originally paid R16 000 for them 6 or so years ago.Buyer to pay any transfer cost. Monthly levies are about R240/month.

30. payless auto insurance Quincy MA

May 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Dear Kath,What a great idea. I know that many dentists use distraction like listening to music and watching television/movies, but this would be a great addition. The headgear would have to be smaller LOL.Dear Carie,What movie did you see this in? So glad you stopped by. Loved your Halloween pictures.Dear Nancy,Isn’t it amazing technology? I think we’ll see more ways this can be used positively. Hopefully, like Chase reminds us, it won’t be used for negative!~Deb

31. car insurance in Hartsville SC

May 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm

correctionWarship Amagi was sent in 1880, not 1881.BTW, arare, I really enjoy talking with you. Please don't stop commenting on the blog every Wednesday or Thursday, but hopefully, bring the first-hand evidence, not second hand.

32. disse:Klonopin Online…I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information….