“A fire captain was killed and six colleagues were injured in a building explosion in Farmington, Maine, that may be related to a propane or gas leak, officials said Monday.
“Police Chief Jack Peck said firefighters went to check out a gas smell just after 8 a.m. at the LEAP facility, which had recently been renovated and expanded.
“LEAP, which stands for Life Enrichment Advancing People, is a group that provides services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, according to its website.
“When first responders arrived and began investigating the scene, the building exploded.
“Capt. Michael Bell, 68, brother of the department’s chief, was killed, the state fire marshal’s office said. He was a 30-year member of the Farmington Fire Department.”
Read more CNN