“Gunmen with automatic weapons opened fire in central Vienna on Monday evening, killing at least one person and injuring dozens, as people savored the final hours of freedom before Austria entered a nationwide Covid-19 lockdown at midnight.
“Austrian leaders have called the shooting a terror attack, and police have launched a city-wide man hunt for at least one suspect.
“Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said there was still a “very tense security situation,” as people across the city were asked to stay put and avoid returning home until the danger had been averted.
“Speaking on Austrian public broadcaster ORF, Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said several suspects had assault rifles. “We are still in battle against the would-be terrorists,” he said.”
Read more at CNN