Fox Launches Popular TV Shows Over The Internet – Watch Episodes on Demand

Action Videos

Fox Launches Popular TV Shows Over The Internet – Watch Episodes on Demand

Fox LogoFox recently announced that it will be offering a selection of its popular TV shows online. The shows include this season’s prime time shows like Prison Break and Vanished.

This appears to be in response to ABC’s decision to make some of its shows available online for free. Earlier this year ABC began to air Lost, Desperate Housewives, Alias, Grey’s Anatomy and Commander in Chief on its website.

News Corp owned Fox has decided to show the TV episodes through MySpace (also owned by News Corp). The service is called “Fox on Demand” and allows viewers to see broadcasted episodes on Myspace.

Fox has been reluctant to make this move but I’m so glad they did. Fox’s first move to bring TV online was with FoxCast which brought us podcasts of popular fox TV shows.

However the podcasts were merely narrated audio files which played the audio from the TV shows . Not really an attractive option, and by no means internet television.

Then Fox made the move to bring web TV episodes and movies to MySpace but offering them at a price. A web TV episode cost $1.99 with a couple of episodes given away for free, and online movies at $19.99.

Now advert supported Fox TV episodes are available for free to watch on MySpace. Only problem is you can’t record them to a portable device like a video iPod, but maybe one day.

You can watch episodes from the following Fox TV shows:

– Ever wanted an iPod, but can’t afford it? Get cheap Ipods at Outbid4less.com!
– Live in Baltimore? Get a Baltimore Car Insurance quote today!

1. Pingback: Fox to debut sinking TV Episodes online including The O.C » Web TV Hub

2. Pingback: Watch 24 online with Fox on Demand » Web TV Hub

3. Sandra D.

August 23, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Looking forward to being able to watch the podcasts from Canada …

4. T.C.

September 4, 2007 at 9:56 pm

that is great that FOX is airing shows to be viewed via myspace. However I am in the military and I am stationed overseas. So I don’t get to watch any of my favorite FOX episodes or any of the US programs that I like. Everytime I go to one of the T.V. stations websites to watch one of the episodes I get a screen that says that I can only view the episodes if I was in the states. That is so unfair, There should be a way for miltary members and there families overseas to be able to watch their favorite programs while they are serving there countyr abroad.

5. Chris Tew

September 5, 2007 at 4:31 am

T.C – Get a friend back home to use a Slingbox and you can have what ever TV they get streamed over the net.

6. john

September 5, 2007 at 3:07 pm

How do I watch anything on the fox website? I used to go to http://www.myspace.com/fox and it would come up now I can’t seem to get it.

7. Matt

September 6, 2007 at 6:02 am

I wanted to know if Fox and or Buena Vista TV are going to
    release the 90’s tv series Herman’s Head on DVD?
    It was on for about 4 years from ’90 to ’94 I believe.

I think any show that lasts more than 2 years will likely have
    enough fans to make sales of packaged sets financially viable.
    It would definitely create more good will for any production
    house, the distributors, and the original network that
    aired the series.

8. martina

October 10, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Where is HOUSE? That is your best show and you don’t webcast it?! Give us a break.

9. Nina

December 21, 2007 at 6:37 pm

A great website where to watch free TV online it’s:

Lot of webradio & webTV like MCM, MTV, Eurosport, ESPN, CNN, ABC, SKYNEWS, Discovery channel, Sci-fi channel, NASA TV, Research channel, and more.

10. free movies

August 23, 2008 at 4:57 am

Gret site to view full episodes and movies from a massive database